The Selby Big Local Community Chest is a small pot to provide seed funding for residents and local groups in Selby to try new ideas that will make a difference to residents, and help them to bring those ideas to life.
If you have an idea that will meet one or more of the Selby Big Local priorities below; and need between £100 and £1000 to get it started, then Community Chest could be for you.
All we ask is that applications seek to support at least one of the priorities or themes identified by the local community in the Selby Big Local Community Action Plan 2020-21
Our priorities are:
- Developing ‘Our Space’ – 58 Flaxley Road – Selby Big Local is creating a much-needed community space in the heart of the Big Local area.
- Empowering residents to take the lead – we know that residents often have the answers to address the issues that are important to our local community. We have trust in our local community and want to support residents to run their own projects and set up groups that help local people take a lead.
- Bringing People Together – community involvement and participation are a big priority for Selby Big Local. Whether it’s a one-off community event or a regular social group, we want to find new ways of bringing our community together
Our key themes are:
- Tackling social isolation
- Improving health and wellbeing
- Creating new opportunities for change
The application process is rolling and you can apply at any time, however, please note that once the Community Chest fund is fully allocated, applications can no longer be accepted.
Applications are assessed by a panel from the Selby Big Local Partnership. The panel will judge applications on an individual basis focusing on whether the application meets Selby Big Local’s priorities, aims and principles and whether the project shows a demonstrable benefit to Selby Big Local residents
If you would like to chat about your idea or help to complete the application form or for more information contact Matt: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01757 291111.
The application form and guidance notes are available to download from the link below (Word Document).